Survey Results

Here's the question I asked and the responses: 

What work would you think is most useful and valuable for me to do over the coming months? All text would be 100% human-authored unless otherwise specified

A CList MOOC - 12

AI for learning - 25

CList - 9

Critical Literacies - 22

Logical Fallacies upgrade - 15

Server side skills - 6

Stephen Follows Instructions - 2

The big surprise for me is the interest in critical literacies, which I did not expect. There is as well more interest in AI than I might have expected, given the scepticism I read in so many edu-bloggers. 

My work on personal learning and CList is not a dud, but it's not in first place either (I wonder what the result would have been had I listed 'personal learning' as an option, or 'distributed learning' as one commenter suggested). So I'll keep up with that, and also keep work on logical fallacies in mind.

I maybe should have asked about modalities as well. Do people want me to write articles, do videos, schedule interactive sessions? I don't know the answer to that yet (though I suspect a survey of OLDaily readers would strongly favour continued work on OLDaily).

So what am I thinking?

For critical literacies, I think I'll work on writing it up, in an accessible format, so it's not rocket science to people (because it isn't, really), explaining the thinking behind my account of critical literacies, as well as how they can be applied practically. 

For AI in learning, I need to do more hands-on research, which I'll write up as I proceed. Again, the idea here is to keep it practical, but I also want to be a voice that counters (a) the broad-based AI-scepticism we see so often, and (b) the over-emphasis on large corporate AI models.

After all, AI is nothing but data + math + algorithms. I think we can handle that.

CList is a passion project of mine, and in my view the only viable route to an actual human-centered model of learning in an AI age, so I'll continue development, and maybe plan on a MOOC over the winter. My little survey tool, for example, is an outcome of that work.

I'll keep developing server-side skills, because the rest of my work depends on them, but I won't make a big deal of it. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts